- 30% of national vehicle production
- 50% of national engine and gearbox production
- France's leading region for the production of electric and hybrid vehicles
- 7 automaker sites between Renault, Peugeot Citroen, and Toyota
- more than 400 suppliers and service providers
- 50,000 professionals (including more than 36,000 fully dedicated jobs)
Valenciennes is one of the Region's four key automotive locations.
Global leaders have a presence in the region: Renault, Peugeot Citroen, Toyota, Valeo, Visteon, Bridgestone, Faurecia, and more.
It is home to many players involved in the structure and development of the sector.
- ARIA, the Regional Association of the Automotive Industry whose members include the region's automakers, parts makers, suppliers, research offices, and colleges.
- the Automotive Cluster (Pôle Automobile) which assists auto industry players by preparing them for their future and encouraging their growth.
- i-Trans, a competitiveness cluster for sustainable ground transport, whose strategic focus for automobiles is on new types of engines, comfort and acoustics in the passenger compartment, flexible and smart equipment production lines, and passenger mobility.
The presence of mechanical engineering and plastics business clusters in the region, along with fellow competitiveness clusters Matikem, Up-Tex, and TEAM2, is an undeniable asset for the auto industry.